Yangon, June 21 - The South Korean government will build a friendship bridge crossing the Yangon river to link urban Yangon with Dala township, the other bank of Yangon river, a daily reported here Thursday.
The plan was discussed when a visiting South Korean delegation, led by deputy prime minister and minister for strategy and finance Hyun Oh- Seok, met the concerned Myanmar ministry in Nay Phi Taw, Xinhua reported.
An industrial zone is expected to be established in Dala township where there is plenty of land and work force to enable South Korean company to make investment in the industrial zone.
Nearly 50,000 workers from Dala cross the Yangon river everyday by ferry boats to reach Yangon city. It is the only means for local people to travel as there was never a bridge between Yangon and Dala. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"