Juba, Jan 4 : The direct talks set for Saturday between the warring sides of South Sudan have been delayed in absence of an agenda, the East African bloc IGAD said.
According to sources of the Inter Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD), the rival sides met Friday, but failed to agree on an agenda for direct talks to put in place an immediate ceasefire, Xinhua reported.
The countries involved in the bloc for the direct talks includes Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan and Uganda.
Up to 190,000 people have been displaced since deadly clashes erupted between parties within the Sudan People's Liberation Movement and Sudan People's Liberation Army in Juba Dec 15, the UN refugee agency UN Human Rights Council reported.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"