New Delhi, Nov 29 : Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh on Thursday said that his party would wait for the "right opportunity" to take a decision on siding with the UPA Government on the issue of allowing foreign direct investment in the country's retail sector.
Speaking shortly after his brother and party leader Ram Gopal Yadav said that the Samajwadi Party would vote against the issue in the Rajya Sabha, Mulayam said: "In politics, you wait for the right opportunity and only then take the decision. There should be serious discussion on this (FDI)."
Ram Gopal Yadav had earlier said: "If there is a vote on FDI in Rajya Sabha, we will vote against it. we will not let it pass."
In the Rajya Sabha, where the UPA government is in a minority, the Samajwadi Party is reportedly furious over what it feels is the government''s support for reservation for Dalits and tribals in job promotions -- an idea backed by its rival, the Bahujan Samaj Party.
On Thursday, signalling an end to the parliament logjam, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar allowed a debate with voting rights under Rule 184.
After that, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajeev Shukla announced that a debate with voting rights would also take place in the Rajya Sabha.
Both Houses of parliament have been seeing disruptions since the winter session began November 22. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"