Seville (Spain), Feb 1 - The first exhibition in a Spanish museum of the work of Chinese artist and dissident Ai Weiwei.
Titled "Resistance and Tradition", the exhibit consists of 15 works - mostly ceramic-based installation art - that will be on display until June 30 at the Andalusian Contemporary Art Center, located within the grounds of Seville's La Cartuja Monastery.
The exhibit's title, according to organizers, clearly alludes to Ai's political outlook and his interest in Chinese cultural traditions.
Speaking via videoconference during the media launch event, Ai thanked organizers for bringing his work to a Spanish museum for the first time and lamented that he will not be able to "share this experience with you", adding that he is sure that visitors will enjoy the exhibit. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"