Spicy soup burns hole through Chinese man’s stomach lining

Spicy soup burns hole through Chinese man’s stomach liningLondon, Dec 28 : A man from China was left with a burnt hole in his stomach lining after he consumed a notoriously spicy bowl of soup.

The 26-year-old unnamed male ate a mala soup, meaning `numbing hot,' a traditional Chinese dish.

After choosing the spiciest version of the dish from the menu, he started experiencing a piercing pain in his stomach.

He started vomiting blood before being rushed to a local hospital in Wuhan.

Despite having no medical history of ulcers or other gastrointestinal disorders, doctors concluded that the spicy soup had burned a hole through his stomach wall, the Daily Mail reported.

The traditional Chinese dish is cooked using Sichuan pepper, a local spice, and chilli pepper.

The combination is known to cause a numbing sensation when eaten. (ANI)

Region: 
General: 



Check out More news from Telecom Sector :: Pharmaceutical Sector :: Auto Sector :: Infrastructure :: Real Estate


Popular Stories

Sufi legend Begum Yaman passes away at 52

New Delhi [India], Apr 28 : Famous sufi singer and... Read More

No farmer committed suicide over drought: TN Govt. to SC

New Delhi [India], Apr. 28 : In a development bound... Read More

Never took studies as 'burden', says JEE 2017 topper

Udaipur (Rajsthan) [India], Apr 28 : Kalpit Veerwal... Read More

Narada sting: ED files case against TMC leaders

New Delhi [India], Apr. 28 : After the Central... Read More

UP STF raids petrol pumps, eight caught using cheating chip

Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh), April 28 : The special... Read More

UP school issues bizarre diktat: Yogi haircut

Meerut (Uttar Pradesh) [India], Apr 28 : In a... Read More