London, Dec 28 : A man from China was left with a burnt hole in his stomach lining after he consumed a notoriously spicy bowl of soup.
The 26-year-old unnamed male ate a mala soup, meaning `numbing hot,' a traditional Chinese dish.
After choosing the spiciest version of the dish from the menu, he started experiencing a piercing pain in his stomach.
He started vomiting blood before being rushed to a local hospital in Wuhan.
Despite having no medical history of ulcers or other gastrointestinal disorders, doctors concluded that the spicy soup had burned a hole through his stomach wall, the Daily Mail reported.
The traditional Chinese dish is cooked using Sichuan pepper, a local spice, and chilli pepper.
The combination is known to cause a numbing sensation when eaten. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"