Colombo, Jan 28 : Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa reshuffled his cabinet Monday and appointed ten new ministers, the President's office said.
Presidential spokesman Mohan Samaranayaka said that six new deputy ministers were also appointed in the cabinet reshuffle. Among the major notable changes were those at the power and energy ministry and petroleum resources ministry, reported Xinhua.
Pavithra Wanniarachchi was appointed the new minister of power and energy while the minister who held that post earlier, Champika Ranawaka, was appointed the minister of technology and research.
Former petroleum resources minister Susil Premajayantha was named the new minister of environment while Anura Priyadharshana Yapa took over as the new minister of petroleum resources.
The former ministers of petroleum and power and energy had been in the media spotlight in the recent past after both the state-owned Ceylon Petroleum Corporation and the Ceylon Electricity Board began to suffer losses.
Lakshman Seniviratne was named the minister of sugar industries, Jayaratna Herath the minister of botanical gardens and public enterprises, Lakshman Yapa Abeywardena the investment promotion minister, Duminda Dissanayake the education services minister, Basir Segu Daud the minister of productivity promotion and Wijith Wiheyamuni Soyza the minister of wildlife conservation. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"