London, Jan. 7 : Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has told West Bank officials to prepare to put the words `State of Palestine' on public documents, official media has said.
Until now passports, ID cards, driving licences and other documents have been stamped `Palestinian Authority'.
In November, Abbas led a successful campaign for the UN to upgrade the Palestinians' status, which was previously of a `non-member observer entity', to that of an observer state, the BBC reports.
According to the report, in a decree carried out by the official Wafa news agency, Abbas said the move on labelling public documents would help bolster the Palestinian state `on the ground and build its institutions... and its sovereignty over the its land'.
Last week, Abbas ordered the foreign ministry and embassies to start using `State of Palestine' in official correspondence, Agence France-Presse reported. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"