London, Dec 11 : A New York hotel maid, who claimed being sexually assaulted by Dominique Strauss-Kahn, has settled her civil action against the former International Monetary Fund (IMF) chief for an undisclosed sum.
In Bronx Supreme Court on Monday, a judge announced that an agreement had been reached just minutes before the session started.
According to the Guardian, the court said that the amount of settlement, which is rumoured to be as much as 6 million dollars, remained "confidential".
The lawsuit settled in New York on Monday relates to claims by Nafissatou Diallo, a 33-year-old former housekeeper at the upmarket Sofitel hotel in Manhattan.
She says Strauss-Kahn attacked her on 14 May 2011 as she attempted to clean his room.
But charges of attempted rape, sex abuse, forcible touching and unlawful imprisonment were eventually dropped, with prosecutors citing `substantial credibility issues' with Diallo.
Despite the collapse of a criminal investigation, Diallo continued to pursue Strauss-Kahn through the civil courts, leading to a counter defamation suit by the former IMF head. (ANI)