Bhubaneswar, Feb 20 - A two-day nationwide strike called by major trade unions hit normal life across Odisha Wednesday, disrupting road and rail traffic, officials said.
Carrying banners and placards, protesters took out processions in several places including Bhubaneswar and Cuttack city shouting slogans against the central government's economic policies.
Some activists burnt the effigies of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
Trains were stopped in various places. Movement of vehicles on state and national highways were disrupted as protesters burnt tyres and erected barricades.
Most private schools, colleges and other education institutions were closed. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"