New Delhi, Dec 31 : The BJP Tuesday criticised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's decision to provide subsidy on power tariff, and said the money was meant for welfare schemes and that it would hurt Delhi in future.
"This is no reduction actually. He is giving subsidy to people at the cost of taxpayer's money which is meant for implementation of welfare schemes," Bharatiya Janata Party legislator Harsh Vardhan told IANS.
"Governments do not run on populism measures alone. This will hurt Delhi in the future," he added.
Kejriwal fulfilled the second major poll promise of his Aam Aadmi Party by providing 50 percent subsidy in power tariff to benefit an estimated 28 lakh households in Delhi.
However, Harsh Vardhan said that if Kejriwal really wanted to reduce tariff, he should have forced the power distribution companies to do so.
"He should have forced the power discoms to reduce tariff. Giving rebate from your own pocket, do you call it reduction?"(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"