New Delhi, Dec. 3 : The Supreme Court on Monday asked the Special Investigation Team (SIT) that is probing the 2002 Gujarat riots to inform whether documents related to the closure report in the Congress leader Ehsan Jafri murder case can be provided to his wife Zakia Jafri.
A bench comprising Justices D K Jain and Madan B Lokur directed the SIT Chairman to peruse the special leave petition (SLP) filed by the complainant (Zakia Jafri) and tell the Court whether the documents which are part of the closure report in the case can be given to her.
The SIT, headed by former CBI Director R K Raghavan, had probed the riots cases including the Ahmedabad Gulburg Housing Society massacre case in which Ehsan Jafri was killed.
Zakia Jafri has filed the SLP challenging the order of the trial court rejecting her plea for supply of certain documents related to the investigation after a trial court in accepted the closure report on November 27, which was on March 13, 2012 by the SIT. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"