Tehran, Nov 20 - Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said that talks between the Syrian government and opposition forces were possible if the latter gives up armed conflicts, Press TV reported.
Khamenei underlined the prevention of arms flow into Syria as the only solution to the country's crisis.
It is natural for any government to counter the opposition groups when they receive arms from outside the country, Xinhua quoted Khamenei as saying.
The Iranian leader said that if the Syrian opposition groups lay down their arms, it would be possible for them to demand the government to hear their views and allow them to express their positions.
Khamenei also warned of plots by western powers to break anti-Israel resistance by targeting Syria.
Earlier, a "National Syrian Dialogue Meeting" concluded in Tehran with the participants calling for ceasefire and giving up armed conflicts in the crisis-ridden country, the Mehr news agency reported.
Around 200 political representatives from Syrian ethnic groups, minorities and the opposition, along with representatives of the Syrian government and parliament, attended the meeting. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"