Chennai, Dec 21 : Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa Saturday announced Rs. 550 hike in the procurement prices of sugarcane.
In a statement issued here, she said she has ordered fixing of the state advised price (SAP) for sugarcane at Rs. 2,650 per ton for 2013-2014.
The SAP includes Rs. 100 towards transport charges per ton, she added.
The central government has fixed the statutory minimum price (SMP) and fair remunerative price (FRP) for sugarcane at Rs. 2,100 per ton. However sugar mills normally have to pay the price fixed by the state government.
Jayalalithaa said that sugarcane is grown in 865,000 acres in the state and the government is providing assistance to the cane farmers in various forms. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"