Dhaka, June 27 : A teacher of a leading Bangladeshi university was sentenced in absentia to seven years in prison Thursday for issuing threat via social media to kill Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
A general diary was filed April 23, 2012 against the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) teacher Hafizur Rahman Rana for threatening to kill Hasina, Xinhua reported.
The complaint mentioned that Rana had likened the prime minister to "a hyena who feasted on the country and was now eyeing the BUET".
"I would shoot her first in the head and then in the stomach before displaying her head in front of BUET as a warning to ward off other hyenas," he had said.
A sedition case was filed against the teacher. The court in September last year framed charges against him.
The court also told the university to take action against him. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"