Chandigarh, March 26 : Punjab Chief Minister and Shiromani Akali Dal patron Parkash Singh Badal Tuesday said the proposed constitution of a political Third Front at the national level was nothing but a "figment of an imagination".
Reiterating that the Akali Dal would continue its alliance with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Punjab and at the national level, Badal said the Akali Dal would remain part of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh has, in recent days, not ruled out a non-Congress, non-BJP alliance of political parties as a Third Front for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
However, Badal added that a clear picture on "any possibility of a Third Front would be cleared only after the formal announcement of Lok Sabha polls".
Talking to the media persons on the sidelines of his 'Sangat Darshan' programme at Badal village, 250 km from here, Badal said that the instability of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) central government was leading to new gossip everyday.
"The Akali Dal is fully prepared for contesting the Lok Sabha elections at any time. We will contest these polls in alliance with the BJP," he added.(IANS)
- Rohit Verma during his fashion show
- Rohit Verma with Swati Loomba during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rohhit Verma with Shilpa Marigold during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rohhit Verma with Shiba during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rahul Roy, Shilpa Marigold with Rohhit Verma during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show