Bucharest, Jan 23 - Romanian police arrested three people suspected of having participated last year in stealing the works of artists such as Picasso, Matisse, Monet and Gauguin from the Kunsthal Museum in Rotterdam, the Mediafax news agency reported Tuesday.
The three suspects are Romanian citizens, Mediafax said, citing investigators.
The thieves stole pieces valued between $66.5 million and $133 million, among which were Picasso's "Harlequin's Head" and Monet's "Waterloo Bridge, London".
"The investigation is continuing ... and so more details about it cannot be provided," police spokeswoman Raluca Seucan said.
The stolen paintings were part of an exhibit of 150 works being displayed to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Kunsthal.
At the time, Dutch police made public a videotape showing two people entering and leaving the museum carrying large bags.
The museum directors said after the robbery that the collection is very well documented, which makes it unlikely that the works could be sold. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"