New Delhi, Jan 24 : Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi has welcomed the decision of the Ministry of Home Affairs relating to the exclusion of Manipur, Mizoram and Nagaland from the Protected Area Regime notified under the Foreigners (Protected Areas) Order, 1958 for a further period of one year beyond 31.12.2012, subject to certain conditions.
In a statement issued here today the Minister has said that this decision would address the long pending demand of the three State Governments and the travel industry. This would also help in increasing tourist traffic to the North East and would give a fillip to the campaigns of Ministry of Tourism, focussing on North Eastern region of India.
This issue was also raised at the recently concluded International Tourism Mart held at Guwahati, Assam, from 18th to 20th January, 2013. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"