Islamabad, Jan 28 : At least eight laborers died of suffocation and two others fainted when toxic gas accumulated in a coal mine in Pakistan''s southwest city of Loralai on Monday, local media reported.
Local TV Dunya reported that the incident happened at pre-dawn time when 10 people working in a coal mine went unconscious in Dakki area of Loralai, a main city in the country''s southwest province of Balochistan.
Residents shifted the fainted people to a nearby hospital where eight of them were confirmed dead.
According to initial reports by rescue teams, the laborers died of accumulation of toxic methane gas in the mine due to lack of proper ventilation system in the mine.
All the killed laborers belonged to the country''s northwest district of Swat.
Causalities resulting from accumulation of gas in coal mines are very common in Balochistan province, due to lack of safety measures. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"