London, Dec. 28 : A man from Bathwick, Somerset, baffled doctors after he woke up following a massive stroke and started speaking fluent Welsh and no English.
Doctors diagnosed Alan Morgan with aphasia, a form of brain damage which causes a shift in the brain's language centre.
The 81-year-old man had been evacuated to Wales during the Second World War, but left 70 years ago.
During his stay there, he was surrounded by Welsh speakers, but he never learned the language himself.
It is believed that the Welsh Morgan heard as a boy had sunk in without him knowing, and was unlocked after he suffered the stroke, the Telegraph reported.
Morgan, who is retired and lives with his wife Yvonne in Bathwick, Somerset, is now trying to get fluent in English again. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"