Islamabad, Dec 31 : UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has condemned what he described as "escalating terrorist violence" in Pakistan, expressing the UN''s support for the country in countering terrorism.
"The secretary-general is appalled by the escalating terrorist violence in Pakistan," said a statement issued here by Ban''s spokesperson. "He condemns in particular the continued violent targeting of religious minorities."
A car bomb hit a convey of three buses in south-west Pakistan on Sunday, killing some 20 Shia pilgrims on their way to Iran and injured 25.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack yet. Local watchers believed that it was a sectarian attack targeting the Shia Muslims.
The UN chief also strongly condemned the killing of 21 government-backed tribal policemen after being kidnapped last week in north-west Pakistan by the Pakistani Taliban.
"These cruel acts of violence cannot be justified by any cause or grievance," said the statement. "These perpetrators should be brought to justice." (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"