Juba, Jan 2 - The UN peacekeeping mission in South Sudan has given a call to end fighting in the country and giving peace talks a chance.
At least 1,000 people have died since fighting erupted last month between supporters of President Salva Kiir and those of his sacked deputy Riek Machar. Both sides have sent delegations to talks in Ethiopia but so far the rebels have not agreed to end hostilities, BBC reported Wednesday.
Kiir has declared a state of emergency in two parts of the country affected by fighting and where rebels have taken control of large areas.
Heavy fighting is reportedly taking place in the key town of Bor.
The decree would allow officials in Jonglei and Unity states who had joined the rebels to be sacked without the need for a vote in the state parliament, the president's spokesperson said. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"