New Delhi, Feb 5 : All those behind the Dec 16 gang-rape here should be hanged, said the father of the 23-year-old victim stressing that he would pursue the case till the end.
As the case against the five accused in the gang-rape of the young woman, who succumbed to her grievous injuries on Dec 29, began in a Delhi court, her father addressed a press conference Tuesday to assert that he would approach the courts to ensure justice was done.
"I want all six of them to be hanged. We will go to the court and pursue the case till the end," he said, with his son by his side. The sixth accused is a juvenile.
He said he didn't have "much knowledge" about the ordinance, promulgated last week, that awards stricter punishment for sexual crimes against women, including death sentence in rare cases.
His daughter was raped on the night of Dec 16 last year when she got on to a bus with her friend. Six people, including a juvenile, have been accused of the horrific crime. She died in a Singapore hospital, where she was taken for treatment of her injuries. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"