Dhaka, Dec 20 : Awami League leader Syeda Zohra Tajuddin, wife of Bangladesh's first prime minister Tajuddin Ahmad, died at a hospital here Friday morning.
Zohra, 80, breathed her last at 10.37 a. m. Friday, her daughter Simin Hossain Rimi, member of parliament, told bdnews24. com.
Zohra had organised and united the party, taking charge as convener, after Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman's assassination in 1975.
Her husband Tajuddin Ahmed was one of the four top Awami League leaders to be killed in jail in November 1975 after Rahman's assassination.
The four leaders, including Tajuddin, had spearheaded the provisional government that led the Bangladesh war of liberation in 1971.
Her hip was fractured last month and she was treated in a hospital for some days.
Zohra was later admitted to a New Delhi hospital, where she underwent surgery.
Thereafter she was regularly consulting doctors in the United Hospital here where she was admitted Wednesday.
She was moved to the intensive care unit of the hospital as her condition worsened Thursday. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"