London, Dec 29 : As fears grow that the United States is preparing to plunge over the `fiscal cliff', billionaire investor Warren Buffett has predicted that women will save the American economy, billionaire investor Warren Buffett has predicted.
Buffett, the so-called `Sage of Omaha' said that affording women the same prospects to succeed as men was key to a bright economic future.
He said that his is the `only thing' that makes him so optimistic about the future.
According to the Telegraph, Buffett's remarks came during an interview with fellow philanthropist Melinda Gates, with BBC Radio 4.
Buffett, aged 82, is the world''s third richest man behind Carlos Slim Helu, the Mexican telecoms tycoon, and Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, according to Forbes magazine.
He has remained upbeat about American''s long-term economic prospects throughout the financial crisis.
He invested heavily in US shares during the darkest phase in late 2008 using his "personal money".
The bet paid off, with stock markets soaring in 2009 and 2010. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"