Hyderabad, March 23 : Congress MP K. V. P. Ramachandra Rao Saturday appeared before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) here in the disproportionate assets case against YSR Congress party leader Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
KVP, as the Rajya Sabha member is popularly known, was being questioned by the CBI officials with regard to certain decisions taken by then government of Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy, benefiting his son Jaganmohan Reddy.
The MP reached state-owned Dilkusha Guest House at 10.30 a. m. for questioning. The CBI officials are reportedly focusing on the role played by KVP as the government advisor in 2004 and 2009.
KVP, a close friend of YSR, allegedly played a key role in government decisions, granting land and other concessions to some companies and individuals who invested in Jaganmohan Reddy's businesses.
The MP has been summoned by the CBI for the first time after registering a case against Jaganmohan Reddy, MP from Kadapa, and 73 others following a probe ordered by the Andhra Pradesh High Court on a petition by some Congress and Telugu Desam leaders.
The CBI has already filed four chargesheets and it plans to file a final chargesheet after investigations into seven matters relating to investments in Jaganmohan Reddy's companies. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"