Islamabad, Dec. 3 : In an attempt to highlight the significance of peace and harmony in an interconnected world, a jeweller in Rawalpindi has created flags of various countries, including India''s, with precious stones.
Kaleem Shehryar, 50, has been working on the flags for the past three years in his spare time, putting in all the money from his own pocket. So far he has designed 17 flags with diamonds, rubies, emeralds, pearls, lapis lazuli, opal, golden topaz and black zircon set in gold, silver, copper and bronze, reports The Express Tribune.
"In 2000, my son asked me who these terrorists were and why were they killing people, while watching an incident reported by a news channel... then I realised I should do something different to highlight the importance of peace," said Shehryar, who then decided to use his skills as a jeweller to make flags.
"I compromised the needs of my five children to collect precious stones to prepare the flags," said Shehryar, who has made flags of Pakistan, India, USA, UK, Russia, France and Australia, among others.
"I''m not an artist but a goldsmith. I wanted to capitalise on my skill and make flags with jewels.
I believe nobody has attempted this before," he further said. The flags, however, are not for sale.
"I want to gift them to the countries'' ambassadors as insignias of peace and mutual respect," he said. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"