Los Angeles, July 6 : The 3-D version of blockbuster film "Titanic" is slated for release in April 2012 to mark the 100th anniversary of the ship's sinking.
The RMS Titanic, which set off on her maiden voyage from Southampton, England, April 10, 1912, sank four days into the trip April 14, 1912 after hitting an iceberg.
Directed by James Cameron, "Titanic" is an epic romance set in a disaster background. In the film, the lone survivor of the accident, a 100-year-old woman named Rose DeWitt Bukator, narrates the story from departure of the ship until the sinking of the Titanic, including her romance with a drifter and artist named Jack Dawson, reports aceshowbiz.com.
The Oscar winning drama catapulted actors Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet to instant fame.(IANS)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals