Washington, June 9 : Alec Baldwin is considering running for mayor of New York, now that congressman Anthony Weiner may pull out of the race following his sex scandal, it has emerged.
"Alec said, ''Hey, maybe this changes the race. The dynamics have shifted.'' The Democrats need a high-profile candidate, and Alec can fill that bill," Contactmusic quoted a friend of Alec telling The Daily News.
The actor's representative Matthew Hiltzik then told The Hollywood Reporter, "I wouldn''t rule it out."
Alec, 53, has previously spoken about his desire to run for public office. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach