Melbourne, Feb 27 : While `The Artist' bagged five Oscars at the 84th annual Academy Awards on Sunday, it was Angelina Jolie's exposed right leg that generated the most buzz on the night.
The 36-year-old actress rocked the Oscars in a black velvet Atelier Versace dress, which featured an enormous slit on the right-hand side.
The frock was a hit on the red carpet, but when she took to the stage to present Best Adapted Screenplay she struck a saucy pose that raised eyebrows.
Jolie stood confidently with one hand on her hip and cocked her right leg out through the slit.
The thigh-baring pose was immediately mimicked by `The Descendants' screenwriters Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash after they accepted the screenplay award from Jolie.
"I think the way Angelina stood could be the new `Tebowing'!" the Herald Sun quoted Patricia Heaton, of `Everybody Loves Raymond and `The Middle' as tweeting.
The Academy wrote on its Twitter account that Jolie's appearance "got a LOT of people talking - 3399 tweets per minute about her in fact," while her appendage even inspired its own Twitter profile, @AngiesRightLeg.
The account, which predictably featured a cropped picture of Jolie's leg as its avatar, tweeted comments like, "Look at meeee!!" and "Still here. Great view, but thank god for the slit in this dress." (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals