Washington, Mar 8: Actor/politician Arnold Schwarzenegger has been slammed by environmentalists for regularly commuting to work by his private jet.
The Californian Governor lives in Brentwood in Los Angeles County, while his office is 380 miles (612 kilometres) to the north, in Sacramento, California.
Thus, he travels to his workplace with by his Gulfstream jet that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.
The environmentalists believe that the politician is setting a bad example to his constituents.
"He has been very bold on all these (environmental) initiatives, so it is sad to see him undercut that,” Contactmusic quoted Denis Hayes, the president of environmental group Bullitt Foundation, as telling Los Angeles Times.
"If you are going to be talking about an issue, you should be living the reality you are trying to embrace," he added.
However, the Hollywood hardman said that his airborne allows him to be with his children.
"The question is how can I be with my family, because that is extremely important, to be with my kids. They are all growing up. They are in their teens. They need their father around,” said Schwarzenegger.
"I felt it took a toll on my family not being at home every day. So what I am trying to do is find that balance between the family and running the state," he added. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals