Washington, Mar 8: Actor/politician Arnold Schwarzenegger has been slammed by environmentalists for regularly commuting to work by his private jet.
The Californian Governor lives in Brentwood in Los Angeles County, while his office is 380 miles (612 kilometres) to the north, in Sacramento, California.
Thus, he travels to his workplace with by his Gulfstream jet that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.
The environmentalists believe that the politician is setting a bad example to his constituents.
"He has been very bold on all these (environmental) initiatives, so it is sad to see him undercut that,” Contactmusic quoted Denis Hayes, the president of environmental group Bullitt Foundation, as telling Los Angeles Times.
"If you are going to be talking about an issue, you should be living the reality you are trying to embrace," he added.
However, the Hollywood hardman said that his airborne allows him to be with his children.
"The question is how can I be with my family, because that is extremely important, to be with my kids. They are all growing up. They are in their teens. They need their father around,” said Schwarzenegger.
"I felt it took a toll on my family not being at home every day. So what I am trying to do is find that balance between the family and running the state," he added. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes