Miami, Oct 18 - Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek presented the 3D animated film "Puss in Boots" in Miami aboard one of the biggest cruise ships in the world.
The film, produced by Dreamworks studios and directed by Chris Miller, combines action and humour to continue with the swordfighting feline's adventures.
Banderas provides the voice for the main character, while Hayak lends hers to that crafty little thief of a cat, Kitty Softpaws.
Both actors said they were happy with the results at the premiere and were unstinting in their praise for one another, having worked together on several previous occasions.
Banderas, who had already voiced Puss in Boots in the three last episodes of "Shrek", told EFE that what he liked most was "being able to see `Puss in Boots' grow over the years".
"He came as a recurring character in the second part of 'Shrek', but I never thought he would have continuity. From a supporting actor he became a star," Banderas said on the red carpet.
This is the sixth movie in which the two actors have shared star billing. "El Mariachi", "Desperado", "Frida", "Once upon a time in Mexico" and "Spy Kids 3-D Game Over" complete the list.
"Puss in Boots" premiered on the 10th deck of the cruise ship Allure of the Seas, one of the biggest in the world and property of the cruise line Royal Caribbean International.
"Puss in Boots" will reach movie theaters in the US Oct 28. (IANS)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals