Washington, August 24 : Levi Johnston has decided not to run for mayor in Wasilla, Alaska, the post that shaped the political career of his son Tripp’s grandmother Sarah Palin, because he is “too busy”.
Johnston, who toyed with running as part of a reality show, isn''t an official candidate for the Oct. 4 election.
His attorney, Rex Butler, says Johnston is too busy to run, reports CBS News.
Butler declined to give specifics but says Johnston has a book coming out next month and plans a tour.
Johnston has said that his book will set the record straight about the Palin family, with whom he''s had a rocky relationship
Johnston, 21, was thrust into the national spotlight in 2008, when Palin was running for vice-president.
He was the boyfriend of Palin''s daughter Bristol, who was pregnant at the time with the couple''s child.
The two have since split. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach