Washington, August 24 : Levi Johnston has decided not to run for mayor in Wasilla, Alaska, the post that shaped the political career of his son Tripp’s grandmother Sarah Palin, because he is “too busy”.
Johnston, who toyed with running as part of a reality show, isn''t an official candidate for the Oct. 4 election.
His attorney, Rex Butler, says Johnston is too busy to run, reports CBS News.
Butler declined to give specifics but says Johnston has a book coming out next month and plans a tour.
Johnston has said that his book will set the record straight about the Palin family, with whom he''s had a rocky relationship
Johnston, 21, was thrust into the national spotlight in 2008, when Palin was running for vice-president.
He was the boyfriend of Palin''s daughter Bristol, who was pregnant at the time with the couple''s child.
The two have since split. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers