Washington, Mar 2 : An autopsy has confirmed that `The Monkees' star Davy Jones died due to heart attack.
The medical examiner's office in Martin County, said that the authorities had completed their examination on Thursday morning, a day after Jones was rushed to the hospital, Fox News reported.
Although, toxicology tests could take another six or eight weeks, but there are no signs to suggest that anything else is to be blamed for the 66-year-old heartthrob's death.
Jones rocketed to stardom in the 1960s as a member of `The Monkees', a made-for-TV rock band patterned after the Beatles.
Though their television show lasted for just two years and the group ultimately broke up, they have endured with chart-topping hits such as `I'm a Believer' and `Daydream Believer.' (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals