Washington, Mar 2 : An autopsy has confirmed that `The Monkees' star Davy Jones died due to heart attack.
The medical examiner's office in Martin County, said that the authorities had completed their examination on Thursday morning, a day after Jones was rushed to the hospital, Fox News reported.
Although, toxicology tests could take another six or eight weeks, but there are no signs to suggest that anything else is to be blamed for the 66-year-old heartthrob's death.
Jones rocketed to stardom in the 1960s as a member of `The Monkees', a made-for-TV rock band patterned after the Beatles.
Though their television show lasted for just two years and the group ultimately broke up, they have endured with chart-topping hits such as `I'm a Believer' and `Daydream Believer.' (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes