Washington, Mar 2 : An autopsy has confirmed that `The Monkees' star Davy Jones died due to heart attack.
The medical examiner's office in Martin County, said that the authorities had completed their examination on Thursday morning, a day after Jones was rushed to the hospital, Fox News reported.
Although, toxicology tests could take another six or eight weeks, but there are no signs to suggest that anything else is to be blamed for the 66-year-old heartthrob's death.
Jones rocketed to stardom in the 1960s as a member of `The Monkees', a made-for-TV rock band patterned after the Beatles.
Though their television show lasted for just two years and the group ultimately broke up, they have endured with chart-topping hits such as `I'm a Believer' and `Daydream Believer.' (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz