Mumbai, March 2 : Designer Debarun Mukherjee is set to pay tribute to old Bollywood charm with his collection at the ongoing Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) and he has roped in Shahana Goswami to walk the ramp as a showstopper. He says she fits the bill.
"Shahana Goswami is a very good actress and a versatile one. I always go for those showstoppers who can add value to my design skills. My collection is a tribute to the old Bollywood charm and she defnitely fits that kind of category. Time and again she has proved herself as an actor, and me as a designer looks up to her acting skills," Mukherjee told IANS.
Shahana is known for her performance in "Rock On!!" and "Firaaq".
The five-day fashion extravaganza started Friday and the designer will showcase his collection Sunday.
"The collection titled 'Bygone' will showcase a collection which is not only timeless but also aesthetic. The silhouettes are simple and inspired from the 1950S and the 1960s," he said.
"For the women, there are kaftans with churi pants, flared trousers with short tops, A- line skirts with blouses, fitted suits and saris. For the men there are kurtas, suits, draw string flared pants and shirt kurtas," he added.
He has used Chanderi, dupion silk, crushed mal mal and pure cotton in whites and various pastel to create the designs.(IANS)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes