London, Nov 12 : Sir Alex Ferguson had offered Daniel Craig free tickets to see Manchester United match, despite knowing the James Bond is a die-hard fan of archrivals Liverpool.
Ferguson, 70, revealed he had met the actor's mother Carol on a jet to the US.
"I know Daniel Craig. The only thing about Daniel Craig is he's a Liverpool fan," the Sun quoted Ferguson, as saying.
"His mother was on the same plane as me when I went to New York in September. I said to her. There's a ticket for Daniel at Old Trafford any time," the Manchester United boss said.
"She looked at me as if I had horns on my head! She replied, `I don't think Daniel will want to go and see United," he added.
But Fergie, who has bent greats such as David Beckham and Gary Neville to his will, is not holding it against the actor and plans to see new film Skyfall. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers