London, Nov 12 : Sir Alex Ferguson had offered Daniel Craig free tickets to see Manchester United match, despite knowing the James Bond is a die-hard fan of archrivals Liverpool.
Ferguson, 70, revealed he had met the actor's mother Carol on a jet to the US.
"I know Daniel Craig. The only thing about Daniel Craig is he's a Liverpool fan," the Sun quoted Ferguson, as saying.
"His mother was on the same plane as me when I went to New York in September. I said to her. There's a ticket for Daniel at Old Trafford any time," the Manchester United boss said.
"She looked at me as if I had horns on my head! She replied, `I don't think Daniel will want to go and see United," he added.
But Fergie, who has bent greats such as David Beckham and Gary Neville to his will, is not holding it against the actor and plans to see new film Skyfall. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz