Los Angeles, May 7 - Actor Zac Efron says he did not cash in on his "High School Musical" success because he wanted to focus on his craft.
"There were several avenues I could have gone down after 'High School Musical', but I looked at the long term," contactmusic. com quoted him as saying.
"I wanted to do this for a long time, so I wanted to make this transition slowly. It wasn't so much about keeping the fans but about making sure I was able to focus on my craft and really take a step back, work hard, work with great directors and have a graceful transition," he said.
"I didn't cash in or take the easier route but really focused on learning as I grow. I'm still learning. I'm just very lucky," he said. (IANS)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers