Washington, Mar 21 : Hugh Grant does not consider himself young enough to star in romantic comedies any more.
The 51-year-old actor - who is famed for roles in films including ‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’ and ‘Notting Hill’ - is not sure if he can take on any more parts in the genre, as he is ‘too old’.
“Well, I’m too old for romantic comedies, let’s face it. I never really chose romantic comedies. They chose me,” Contactmusic quoted him as telling Scotsman newspaper.
The British star - who previously dated Elizabeth Hurley and Jemima Khan - claims he has never been keen on his profession, and would now rather take on smaller parts.
“I’ve never been the world’s keenest actor. I don’t miss it at all. I do occasional things that are odd,” he said.
However, he does look interested in directing and writing.
“I would love to direct. And after all, I’ve worked with lots of very good directors now, really good directors, and that really does interest me,” he said.
“I would love to write. But I’ve been saying it for years and I’ve never got around to it,” he added. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals