London, May 3 - Music mogul Simon Cowell claims that he "propelled" singer Cheryl Cole into a different league when he appointed her as a judge on "The X Factor".
Cowell, who had a fallout with Cole after he fired her from the US version of "The X Factor" last year, said he would love to work with her again, reports femalefirst. co. uk.
"Even though we went through that pretty horrible period, I could look Cheryl in the eye and say what I did for her in those two years propelled her into a different league. I always said to her the door is permanently open. It's entirely up to her what she wants to do," he told GQ magazine.
Cowell admits the sacking of Cole "ended badly" and wishes it had not happened.
"If I could reverse time it wouldn't have happened. It was an in-the-moment decision where you put your producer's hat on. I just thought she was more comfortable on the British show. She was hurt. It all ended pretty badly, to be honest," he said. (IANS)
Random Acidfree items
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings