New York, October 1 : Writer Barry Landau has revealed that former U. S. President John F. Kennedy’s wife Jacqueline Bouvier was a cheapskate because she asked her White House butler to serve expensive bottles of wine for the first course, but replace the empty bottles with a cheaper wine for the second course.
Landau, the author of ‘The President''s Table’, revealed this fact at a luncheon at the Justice Department in Washington, DC, recently.
"Jackie believed her guests wouldn''t know the difference," the New York Post quoted Landau as saying.
And actually the guests could not find any difference, added the writer.
"The elusive former first lady kept two sets of books - one for her own records, and one for JFK, who was always keeping an eye not to appear too rich," Landau said. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach