New York, October 1 : Writer Barry Landau has revealed that former U. S. President John F. Kennedy’s wife Jacqueline Bouvier was a cheapskate because she asked her White House butler to serve expensive bottles of wine for the first course, but replace the empty bottles with a cheaper wine for the second course.
Landau, the author of ‘The President''s Table’, revealed this fact at a luncheon at the Justice Department in Washington, DC, recently.
"Jackie believed her guests wouldn''t know the difference," the New York Post quoted Landau as saying.
And actually the guests could not find any difference, added the writer.
"The elusive former first lady kept two sets of books - one for her own records, and one for JFK, who was always keeping an eye not to appear too rich," Landau said. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers