New York, October 1 : Writer Barry Landau has revealed that former U. S. President John F. Kennedy’s wife Jacqueline Bouvier was a cheapskate because she asked her White House butler to serve expensive bottles of wine for the first course, but replace the empty bottles with a cheaper wine for the second course.
Landau, the author of ‘The President''s Table’, revealed this fact at a luncheon at the Justice Department in Washington, DC, recently.
"Jackie believed her guests wouldn''t know the difference," the New York Post quoted Landau as saying.
And actually the guests could not find any difference, added the writer.
"The elusive former first lady kept two sets of books - one for her own records, and one for JFK, who was always keeping an eye not to appear too rich," Landau said. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz