New York, October 1 : Writer Barry Landau has revealed that former U. S. President John F. Kennedy’s wife Jacqueline Bouvier was a cheapskate because she asked her White House butler to serve expensive bottles of wine for the first course, but replace the empty bottles with a cheaper wine for the second course.
Landau, the author of ‘The President''s Table’, revealed this fact at a luncheon at the Justice Department in Washington, DC, recently.
"Jackie believed her guests wouldn''t know the difference," the New York Post quoted Landau as saying.
And actually the guests could not find any difference, added the writer.
"The elusive former first lady kept two sets of books - one for her own records, and one for JFK, who was always keeping an eye not to appear too rich," Landau said. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes