Washington, Jan 18: Johnny Depp has revealed that he would love to play troubled pop star Michael Jackson in a movie about his life.
The 44-year-old actor was believed to have based his character Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on the former king of pop.
Though Depp maintained that any similarities to Jackson in his portrayal are purely coincidental, he would love to take on the role of the Thriller hitmaker.
"I have heard that I based Willy Wonka on Michael Jackson before, but no, that was not my plan, I wish I had thought of that though,” Contactmusic quoted him, saying.
"But there is still time to play him. He might get up to his old tricks again and maybe there will be a TV movie about him!" he added. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach