Washington, Jan 18: Johnny Depp has revealed that he would love to play troubled pop star Michael Jackson in a movie about his life.
The 44-year-old actor was believed to have based his character Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on the former king of pop.
Though Depp maintained that any similarities to Jackson in his portrayal are purely coincidental, he would love to take on the role of the Thriller hitmaker.
"I have heard that I based Willy Wonka on Michael Jackson before, but no, that was not my plan, I wish I had thought of that though,” Contactmusic quoted him, saying.
"But there is still time to play him. He might get up to his old tricks again and maybe there will be a TV movie about him!" he added. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers