Washington, Jan 18: Johnny Depp has revealed that he would love to play troubled pop star Michael Jackson in a movie about his life.
The 44-year-old actor was believed to have based his character Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on the former king of pop.
Though Depp maintained that any similarities to Jackson in his portrayal are purely coincidental, he would love to take on the role of the Thriller hitmaker.
"I have heard that I based Willy Wonka on Michael Jackson before, but no, that was not my plan, I wish I had thought of that though,” Contactmusic quoted him, saying.
"But there is still time to play him. He might get up to his old tricks again and maybe there will be a TV movie about him!" he added. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz