Washington, Mar 25: American pop singer songwriter Justin Timberlake gave back a little love to his hometown with a 200,000 dollars donation.
The 27-year-old singer made two separate donations of 100,000 dollars each to the Memphis Rock 'N' Soul Museum and the Memphis Music Foundation in his hometown.
The donation will be used for advancing music education for local students and for achieving the foundation’s mission of "telling the story of Memphis Music and perpetuating its legacy."
“We were overwhelmed when he came in and presented a big check to each of us,” Usmagazine. com quoted John Doyle, the museum’s executive director, as saying.
“He was filming up until 5 a. m. on his movie [The Open Road], so he probably preferred being on the golf course than doing another appearance!” he added.
The "Sexy Back" singer had recently doled out 25,000 pounds on a necklace for his girlfriend Jessica Biel, to make up for all the time he had spent working with Madonna. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz