Washington, Mar 25: American pop singer songwriter Justin Timberlake gave back a little love to his hometown with a 200,000 dollars donation.
The 27-year-old singer made two separate donations of 100,000 dollars each to the Memphis Rock 'N' Soul Museum and the Memphis Music Foundation in his hometown.
The donation will be used for advancing music education for local students and for achieving the foundation’s mission of "telling the story of Memphis Music and perpetuating its legacy."
“We were overwhelmed when he came in and presented a big check to each of us,” Usmagazine. com quoted John Doyle, the museum’s executive director, as saying.
“He was filming up until 5 a. m. on his movie [The Open Road], so he probably preferred being on the golf course than doing another appearance!” he added.
The "Sexy Back" singer had recently doled out 25,000 pounds on a necklace for his girlfriend Jessica Biel, to make up for all the time he had spent working with Madonna. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals