New York, Apr 11 : Kim Kardashian is said to have sent out printed cards to her guests who attended her ill-fated wedding to Kris Humphries, saying that due to the "unfortunate" turn of events, gifts given to the momentarily happy couple will be given to charity.
The 31-year-old reality star married the basketball player in August last year in a fairytale wedding, but filed for divorce merely 72 days later.
"What is a charity going to do with a Tiffany picture frame or an onyx vase? And, this is nine months after the wedding. Why is she doing it now?" the New York Post quoted one guest as saying.
With a wedding registry that included a 6,500-dollar Tourbillon black vase, a 7,500-dollar Baccarat onyx vase and a 3,000-dollar set of napkin rings, it is not certain how useful, or acceptable, the socialite's wedding haul might be for a charity.
She also gave a 200,000-dollar donation to the Dream Foundation, a move sources say was planned to make her look better amid the backlash.
A rep for Kim earlier denied that she got a luxury Italian sports car from one guest but, asked recently about the plan to give the gifts to charity, said, "Old news!" (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers