New York, Apr 11 : Kim Kardashian is said to have sent out printed cards to her guests who attended her ill-fated wedding to Kris Humphries, saying that due to the "unfortunate" turn of events, gifts given to the momentarily happy couple will be given to charity.
The 31-year-old reality star married the basketball player in August last year in a fairytale wedding, but filed for divorce merely 72 days later.
"What is a charity going to do with a Tiffany picture frame or an onyx vase? And, this is nine months after the wedding. Why is she doing it now?" the New York Post quoted one guest as saying.
With a wedding registry that included a 6,500-dollar Tourbillon black vase, a 7,500-dollar Baccarat onyx vase and a 3,000-dollar set of napkin rings, it is not certain how useful, or acceptable, the socialite's wedding haul might be for a charity.
She also gave a 200,000-dollar donation to the Dream Foundation, a move sources say was planned to make her look better amid the backlash.
A rep for Kim earlier denied that she got a luxury Italian sports car from one guest but, asked recently about the plan to give the gifts to charity, said, "Old news!" (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach