London, Feb 4: Leonardo DiCaprio has been invited to speak to members of the Scottish Parliament about the threat of global warming.
The 33-year-old actor, whose credits include ‘Titanic,’ ‘Blood Diamond’ and ‘The Departed,’ is also an environment supporter.
Patrick Harvie, Green Party MSP, has written a letter to the Oscar nominated actor, inviting him to the Scottish Parliament to speak about climate change.
In the letter, Harvie invited the actor saying that the Scottish Government had recently begun discussions on a proposed Climate Change Bill.
He explained that while the discussions included ‘ambitious long-term targets’ for cutting carbon dioxide emissions, the Greens wanted further action.
"It would be a great help were you able to speak to other members of the Parliament about the urgency of the threat we face," The Daily Snack quoted Harvie, as saying.
A spokesman for Green Party said that currently they are waiting for a reply from the actor. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach