London, Feb 11 : Madonna has spoken out for the first time about the incident at Super Bowl when MIA flipped her middle finger and swore on camera, calling it "negative" and "a teenager thing to do."
With one foot up on the podium, the 36-year-old had rapped `I don't give a s***' and pulled the rude gesture during a live performance of Madonna's new song, `Give Me All Your Luvin', alongside the pop queen and fellow rapper Nicki Minaj.
Madonna called in to speak with Ryan Seacrest on his Kiss FM radio show, where she gave her thoughts on the events and said she didn't even know it had happened until after she left the area.
"I was really surprised. I didn't know anything about it," the Daily Mail quoted her as saying on the show.
"I mean I wasn't happy about it. I understand it's punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy, and positivity it just seemed negative.
"It's one of those things it's such a teenager. irrelevant thing to do. there was such a feeling of love and unity there what was the point? It was just out of place," she added.
For her part, MIA is said to be blaming `nerves' and `adrenaline' for her controversial gesture. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati