London, Feb 11 : Madonna has spoken out for the first time about the incident at Super Bowl when MIA flipped her middle finger and swore on camera, calling it "negative" and "a teenager thing to do."
With one foot up on the podium, the 36-year-old had rapped `I don't give a s***' and pulled the rude gesture during a live performance of Madonna's new song, `Give Me All Your Luvin', alongside the pop queen and fellow rapper Nicki Minaj.
Madonna called in to speak with Ryan Seacrest on his Kiss FM radio show, where she gave her thoughts on the events and said she didn't even know it had happened until after she left the area.
"I was really surprised. I didn't know anything about it," the Daily Mail quoted her as saying on the show.
"I mean I wasn't happy about it. I understand it's punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy, and positivity it just seemed negative.
"It's one of those things it's such a teenager. irrelevant thing to do. there was such a feeling of love and unity there what was the point? It was just out of place," she added.
For her part, MIA is said to be blaming `nerves' and `adrenaline' for her controversial gesture. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes