Karachi, June 5 : Pakistani actress Meera is all set to marry her fiance Captain Naveed Shahazad on July 21, after convincing his father Raja Pervez to accept the marriage.
Talking to media, Pervez said that they had agreed to accept Meera as their daughter-in-law for the sake of the happiness of their son.
"We have agreed to Naveed's marriage with Meera for the delight of our son," The Nation quoted him as saying.
The father denied making any accusations against Meera and said that the reports circulated through media were baseless.
However, he accepted that their family was going through an anxious phase as media launched character assassination campaign against Meera.
Earlier Shahzad's parents had broke the engagement of Meera with their son and told media that Meera was already married and her case was pending in Pakistan Marriage Court. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach