Washington, May 3 : Miley Cyrus has adopted a stray puppy and named him Happy.
The 19-year-old singer brought home the dog on Tuesday, after finding it abandoned outside an American budget store.
She then took to her Twitter account to reveal how she found the pup.
"He was left in a box in front of Walmart," Contactmusic quoted her as writing.
"I don't understand how people can be so cruel. That's why we named him Happy," she wrote.
The pooch, which she describes as a possible Rottweiler-beagle mix, has gone "from cardboard" to Maison Martin Margiela, according to the teenage star.
She shared a photo of her latest pet addition lying on luxurious-looking leather as well as getting some grooming done with her at a hair salon.
According to People Magazine, her boyfriend, `Hunger Games' star Liam Hemsworth, was spotted picking up bags of pet food and a new dog bed.
It not the first time Miley has taken in a dog in need. She is already owner to three pooches Lila, Floyd and Ziggy and recently encouraged via her twitter page Khloe Kardashian to adopt a canine to keep her company when she moved to Dallas, Texas. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings