Washington, Feb 28 : Miley Cyrus was infuriated when one Twitter follower tweeted to her on Sunday that she "dresses like white trash" and told her "to die".
The 19-year-old singer has asked Twitter bosses to implement new safety controls after she received a number of menacing messages through the micro blogging site.
After seeing the vile messages, Cyrus took to her Twitter account to reply to them.
"U (sic) have nothing better 2 (sic) do than hate? That saddens me," Contactmusic quoted her as tweeting.
"I'm surrounded by love I'm sorry 4 (sic) whatever happened 2 make u so bitter. (I) won't tolerate someone telling me 2 die," she wrote.
She then went on to urge Twitter chiefs to take action against users who post nasty comments.
"I think Twitter needs to take some responsibility and make it a safe environment," she wrote. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz