New York, Apr 10 : Alex Rodriguez is reportedly being asked by producers of the upcoming indie movie on Salvador Dali - called `The Surrealist' - to play the role of a stunning, leggy drag queen.
Producers think the baseball player would be ideal in the role as the famous artist's "factotum social secretary" Potassa.
"It's quite a good idea and has a serious side to it," the New York Post quoted its director, Philippe Mora, as saying.
"Dali was obsessed with baseball. Walt Disney used to take him to [games]. At first it sounds hilarious, but it's a serious [offer]," he said.
Mora said the idea to approach Rodriguez was cooked up by Richard Dupont, a Dali and Andy Warhol acolyte who also points out the Yankee slugger "has great legs."
"Potassa would ring everyone and say, `Dali's in town, come meet at this restaurant,'" he added.
Mora said Dali's baseball obsession extended to an animated short created for Disney in 1946, `Destino', which featured a ballet dancer who falls for a slugger. The film was completed and released in 2003.
However, the director pointed out that that potential casting is still just an idea.
"It's early days," he said. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz