Washington, Jan 3 : Salma Hayek has been named in the official New Year's list, by French President Nicolas Sarkozy, to receive the Légion d'Honneur on Sunday.
The 45-year old will enter the five-tiered honor academy with the grade of Chevalier or `Knight', People magazine reported.
The Puss In Boots actress will receive a formal induction, which involves a Presidential medal pinning.
According to a source, her induction will likely occur at the Élysées Palace within the next two months.
Founded by Napoleon in 1802 as a merit award, the Legion of Honor is awarded to military personnel and civilians for service to France.
It is not exclusively reserved for the French and is often awarded to figures of international standing. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes