Washington, Jan 3 : Salma Hayek has been named in the official New Year's list, by French President Nicolas Sarkozy, to receive the Légion d'Honneur on Sunday.
The 45-year old will enter the five-tiered honor academy with the grade of Chevalier or `Knight', People magazine reported.
The Puss In Boots actress will receive a formal induction, which involves a Presidential medal pinning.
According to a source, her induction will likely occur at the Élysées Palace within the next two months.
Founded by Napoleon in 1802 as a merit award, the Legion of Honor is awarded to military personnel and civilians for service to France.
It is not exclusively reserved for the French and is often awarded to figures of international standing. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers