Washington, Jan 3 : Salma Hayek has been named in the official New Year's list, by French President Nicolas Sarkozy, to receive the Légion d'Honneur on Sunday.
The 45-year old will enter the five-tiered honor academy with the grade of Chevalier or `Knight', People magazine reported.
The Puss In Boots actress will receive a formal induction, which involves a Presidential medal pinning.
According to a source, her induction will likely occur at the Élysées Palace within the next two months.
Founded by Napoleon in 1802 as a merit award, the Legion of Honor is awarded to military personnel and civilians for service to France.
It is not exclusively reserved for the French and is often awarded to figures of international standing. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings