Washington, Jan 3 : Salma Hayek has been named in the official New Year's list, by French President Nicolas Sarkozy, to receive the Légion d'Honneur on Sunday.
The 45-year old will enter the five-tiered honor academy with the grade of Chevalier or `Knight', People magazine reported.
The Puss In Boots actress will receive a formal induction, which involves a Presidential medal pinning.
According to a source, her induction will likely occur at the Élysées Palace within the next two months.
Founded by Napoleon in 1802 as a merit award, the Legion of Honor is awarded to military personnel and civilians for service to France.
It is not exclusively reserved for the French and is often awarded to figures of international standing. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach