London, Apr 14 : Sigourney Weaver, who is known for her critically acclaimed role of Ellen Ripley in the four `Alien' films, has been named the best horror film actress of all time by British movie fans.
The 62-year-old American BAFTA winner polled 29 percent of the votes for her roles, including Ripley, in the hit movie series, the Daily Express reported.
Jamie Lee Curtis, star of the slasher film `Halloween', got 16 percent of the votes.
Sarah Michelle Gellar from `Buffy The Vampire Slayer' got 10 percent in the poll to mark the DVD release of her thriller `Possession'. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes