London, Apr 14 : Sigourney Weaver, who is known for her critically acclaimed role of Ellen Ripley in the four `Alien' films, has been named the best horror film actress of all time by British movie fans.
The 62-year-old American BAFTA winner polled 29 percent of the votes for her roles, including Ripley, in the hit movie series, the Daily Express reported.
Jamie Lee Curtis, star of the slasher film `Halloween', got 16 percent of the votes.
Sarah Michelle Gellar from `Buffy The Vampire Slayer' got 10 percent in the poll to mark the DVD release of her thriller `Possession'. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals