London, Apr 14 : Sigourney Weaver, who is known for her critically acclaimed role of Ellen Ripley in the four `Alien' films, has been named the best horror film actress of all time by British movie fans.
The 62-year-old American BAFTA winner polled 29 percent of the votes for her roles, including Ripley, in the hit movie series, the Daily Express reported.
Jamie Lee Curtis, star of the slasher film `Halloween', got 16 percent of the votes.
Sarah Michelle Gellar from `Buffy The Vampire Slayer' got 10 percent in the poll to mark the DVD release of her thriller `Possession'. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach