London, Apr 14 : Sigourney Weaver, who is known for her critically acclaimed role of Ellen Ripley in the four `Alien' films, has been named the best horror film actress of all time by British movie fans.
The 62-year-old American BAFTA winner polled 29 percent of the votes for her roles, including Ripley, in the hit movie series, the Daily Express reported.
Jamie Lee Curtis, star of the slasher film `Halloween', got 16 percent of the votes.
Sarah Michelle Gellar from `Buffy The Vampire Slayer' got 10 percent in the poll to mark the DVD release of her thriller `Possession'. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers